dress up, and show up for yourself!
catch me on Instagram sharing my ootd’s daily on stories!
create an honest schedule for yourself and prioritize that schedule
Have you been following me on Instagram? I’ve been sharing my schedule on my stories every day! It isn’t necessarily a “strict” schedule, but it helps me stay accountable with the tasks I have mindfully intended to do.
I use the app “Unfold” and I also write out a more specific schedule on a notepad that I use every single day. I create my “unfold” schedule the night before. Then I right out more specific things in the morning while I’m having my coffee. This helps me stay on track and stay organized!
Actually schedule them, put it on your calendar and treat is at an actual appointment. Whether it’s just hanging out with coffee, working out together, happy hour, co-working: the options are endless. Staying connected is more important than ever. These virtual dates have been a lifesaver for my extrovert self.
Zoom has been my most used way of doing this, and the standard iPhone Facetime.
Nothing big over here, however I have been trying to convince husband its a good time to finally re-do our kitchen cabinets. BUT: my projects have been simple. The things I FINALLY actually have time to do, because I’m actually at home! I have so far: re-organized and cleaned our kitchen pantry, re-organized and de-cluttered my laundry room shelving space, cleaned out kitchen cabinets (eliminating what we don’t use), deep cleaned things like our base boards, bathrooms, master bedroom – just ALL the things.
Walk your dang dog! No dog? Walk yourself.
It’s that simple. Get outside, enjoy the fresh air. Especially in Arizona right now, the weather quire simply couldn’t be better.
Move your body everyday!
Whether its a short walk around the neighborhood, 10 mins of stretching, riding a bike, anything. Most people are spending way more time sitting around at home, watching tv or reading – none of which is bad. But stay healthy and give your body the energy it needs! You can usually find my workouts daily on stories!
So there it is…
Just a handful of ways I am making the most out of my time at home. Here are a few extra tips that hopefully keep you out of a funk: they’ve sure been beneficial for me!
- don’t lounge all morning in bed, wake up, get up and get moving. *make your bed!
- have some coffee, tea or water – I usually pour my coffee and take my Apple Cider Vinegar!
- stretch or move a little in the morning, wake up your muscles and joints!
- shower! I’m a shower every morning kind of person, even if its just a quick rinse, its stimulating and lets be real: just so fresh n’ so clean, clean.
- switch up your workspace! I have my own office, but I’ve been switching it up from the dining room table, couch, guestroom. Sometimes a fresh perspective is just what you need.
- Stay connected. Take breaks from life, call your friend, your mom, hop on a zoom call. Stay connected.
- Switch up your background noise, don’t always opt for TV. Turn on music, a podcast or audible book. My favorite podcasts: Crime Junkie & Office Ladies.
- Try to keep your eating on schedule: we eat a good dinner every night, but I’ve been trying really hard to eat breakfast every day!
How are you staying productive and positive during this crazy time of life? Comment below and let me know!